Tuesday, January 13, 2015

bits and bits, skies and crawlers


Some insects bits from my sketchbook, the fortunate ones that have been picked up un the garden, or falling on me or one of the kids. 
The big one, the armoured ground cricket, is a regular guest of ours when in Inhassoro (Mozambique), my daughter use to call it a whassopper, so the name stuck. They are big and totally harmless. Big enough to feel it when they fall on you in the middle of the night. Unpleasant experience. 
My wife hates them.
My son loves wildlife, creepy crawlies and nature, 
My daughter loves my drawings
My son collects the creepy crawlies for me to sketch them. 
My wife cannot share the office with me following a running beetle. 
Between my wife and my kids + beetles, tough choice.   







As for the skies, I have been lazy lately, done some but not regularly. Same terrible colour rendering by the scanner, looks very dull and grey. Find it much better on paper 

No comments:

Post a Comment